Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Saturday, June 28, 2014

One Shoulder, Double Tied, No Sew Tee Shirt: DIY.

What a tongue twister. I sat at my computer for a minute 
and tried to think of an easier caption but nothing fit.
I am forever trying to re-invent the plain old t-shirt.
 I have often said to myself "Why am I always trying to change a t-shirt.?"
I think the main reason is because a t-shirt is so accessible and everyone  has one. 
Another reason is because we lived on a very limited income when I was a young mother and  I was always trying to find ways to spiff up my plain wardrobe  super quick
 and  for as little money as possible.
So my obsession for t-shirt reconstruction was born.
Now here is one more.


Things you need.
  1.  T-shirt this is a mens large ( I am 5'7 and 140 pounds)
  2. Scissors
  3. Small safety pin or Bobby pin
 Cut your shirt under one arm curving up the the collar.
Cut off the sleeve.
Cut the two pieces apart.

Cut the down the middle of the shoulder.
*cut the front two pieces of your shirt 4 inches longer than the back two pieces.

Cut an extra strip of t-shirt one inch wide and about 24 inches long.
 Stretch it out to make a long flexible string.

Cut a small slit in the bottom hem of your shirt.
Tie your string to a bobby pin or a safety pin, and thread it through the channel.

 Tie your front two pieces in a double  knot.
* work with it to make it look the way you want.
Connect the two pieces to the back two pieces.
tie in a bow, knot or however you want.

 I let one of the ties slip down around my shoulder.
Back
Wear with jeans, skirts, shorts, a bathing suit or whatever your little heart desires.

Have a fantastic weekend!
Lots of <3.
Anne
For more of my No Sew T-shirt Ideas 
head over to my Pinterest Page 
I also do a pretty regular feed on 
Facebook and 

9 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I've got a Craft Gossip post that links to your tutorial here:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-two-knot-one-shoulder-no-sew-t-shirt-refashion/2014/06/28/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always the best!
    Thanks!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uber cute!

    www.kolorbykandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great for someone with zero sewing skills! Love it :).
    I do have a question, where do you cut the extra strip from?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gina I get the extra strips from the bottom of another tee-shirt, one I used in another project.

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!