Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tye-Dye Lip T-Shirt: DIY

I have made a few different DIY Lip T-shirts out of all kinds of  mediums,
 so making one with Tye- Dye seemed completely normal to me.
 I love how it turned out.


 
 Tutorial
 Things you need
  1. Tye Dye (Tulip Has a great Brand)
  2. T-shirt
  3. Tulip Fashion Glitter bond glue HERE
  4. Scissors
  5. Small spray bottle *Wal-mart Travel section.
  6. Stencil
  7. Cookie sheet
  8. Paper towels

 Print this page and use and X-acto knife to cut it out.
 Cut off the collar.
 Place the cookie sheet in between your shirt.
Tape your stencil on your shirt.
 I mixed two parts red dye and one parts orange with about a 1/2 of a cup of water.
 I taped a plastic bag around the out side of my *DRY shirt,
to make sure the dye stayed just in the lip area .
 Spray the dye lightly on the shirt. * Do Not soak the shirt with dye or it will run.
 Blot excess Dye with paper towels
Remove the tape and plastic bag
 I dried mine with a hair dryer.
Then I took my fashion glitter glue and coated the front and the back side of the shirt with glue.
Let that dry for 12 hours.
This will give you a glossy finish and it will help to keep your red lips stay vibrant.
Lay this  shirt in the sink with the back of the shirt pulled up so the water only goes through the front part of the shirt. Rinse until the water runs clear.
now this will bleed a little but I sort of like that look.
It is kind of a  smeared lipstick look.
Use  any color you want.
Happy Tie-Dying

 For more fun, no sew T-shirt Ideas.
My Pinterest Page

Have a beautiful day.
Lots of <3,
Anne

2 comments:

  1. I loooooove this - great job! I can't print out the stencil though - can you please direct me to it? Thanks!

    asoders223@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!